- First 5 Placer
What Happens in the First 5 Years Affects Us All (Dowell Myers, USC Price)
Does California have too few children? Is rising immigration a myth? How does California measure-up in investments in Education? Why do these questions matter? Dowell Myers, Ph.D., USC Sol Price of Public Policy, separates fact from fiction with his research on California's demographic and economic outlook.
1. Children are Declining and Becoming Scarce in Number
2. Children are an Urgently Important Investment
3. We Desperately Need More Children to Support Our Rising Senior Ratio
4. We Should Invest Earlier so that They Develop their Full Capacities as Adults
5. We are Thankful for the Children Contributed by Immigrants and Every Parent