First 5 Placer supports programs that are aligned with its strategic plan. Three result areas have been identified by the
First 5 Placer Children and Families Commission to accomplish its Vision and Mission. These are broad, long range goals
to be achieved countywide. They are:
• Children are nurtured, healthy, safe, learning, and developmentally reaching their potential.
• Families are strong and connected
• Communities are caring and responsive
The outcomes for achieving First 5 Placer's goals are divided into two approaches based on the protective factors model: centering
on the Family or the Community. The Child is at the center of both of these approaches:
• Enhanced development of children, including social, emotional and cognitive competence.
• Increased knowledge of parenting and child development.
• Increased individual and family social connections.
• Enhanced parental resilience.
• Concrete support in times of need, including improved access to necessary services and resources.
• Health beliefs and clear standards as well as strengthening of community norms.
• Caring and supportive social connections, systems and networks.
• Opportunities for participation in civic life.