First 5 Placer created the Community Resource Committee (CRC) to better involve the community in Commission decisions. The CRC meets monthly, as needed, and serves as the standing advisory committee to the Commission. Membership includes up to nine members, including at least one First 5 Placer Commissioner and six community members who have an interest in early childhood.
The Community Resource Committee (CRC) does the following:
• Incorporates community voices in the planning, evaluation and allocation of First 5 Placer funding, especially the Strategic Planning process;
• Provides timely interaction and advice on participation in Statewide funding initiatives;
• Broadly and publicly spread the First 5 message;
• Provide an open community forum for feedback on the work of the Commission;
• Review mini-grant applications and make recommendations to the Commission.
The CRC meets at least four (4) times a year, and sometimes monthly, on the second Tuesday of the month from 1:30 to 3:30pm in Auburn. Membership is voluntary and uncompensated, although mileage costs can be reimbursed.