Commissioner Recruitment-Tahoe Area Representative
Applications Due: December 4, 2015
The First 5 Placer Children and Families Commission is made up of nine volunteer members, who are appointed by the Placer County Board of Supervisors at the Commission's recommendation. The nine members serve without compensation and have an interest in issues relating to early childhood. Membership is made up of the following:
• persons responsible for the management of County functions pertaining to children's se rvices, public health services, behavioral health services, social services and tobacco and other substance abuse prevention and treatment services;
• recipients of project services included in the Commission's strategic plan;
• educators specializing in early childhood development;
• representatives of a local child care resource or referral agency, or a local child care coordinating group;
• representatives of a local organization for prevention or early intervention for families at risk;
• representatives of community-based organizations that have the goal of promoting nurturing and early childhood development;
• representatives of local school districts;
• representatives of local medical, pediatric, or obstetric associations or societies;
• one member shall work or reside in the Tahoe region and represent the concerns of that region, as well as satisfying one of the above criteria.
Commissioners can serve up to two, three-year terms.